New My Morning Jacket - EVIL URGES drops on June 10th

LOUISVILLE, KY

A new album from My Morning Jacket will emerge on June 10th. The title? Evil Urges.

"The world today is such a confused place. Things that people think are good values are obviously twisted, but there are other things considered evil that obviously aren't. There is real evil out there, but "Evil Urges" is about how all of these things that you've been told are evil really aren't, unless they're actually hurting something or somebody."
- My Morning Jacket's Jim James

My Morning Jacket

I am still a relative newbie to My Morning Jacket, so I will defer to the press release: Evil Urges is the album that the band has been making for almost ten years. Their previous work has emboldened them with the confidence to continue to grow in ways few artists would be capable of achieving. Admirably, Jim James' songwriting manages to remain as organic and cohesive as ever, making their musical leaps forward fluid, logical, entertaining, and inspiring.


More than ever before, the band treated the studio itself as a musical instrument for the recording of Evil Urges. Thus co-producers Jim James and Joe Chiccarelli (The Shins, White Stripes) truly collaborated on the band's most ambitious and convincingly executed album to date.

My Morning Jacket is Jim James (vocals/guitar), Two Tone Tommy (bass), Carl Broemel (guitar), Bo Koster (keyboards), and Patrick Hallahan (drums). James was just added as a solo performer to the 2008 Newport Folk Festival in August.

MEDIA (LEGALLY PROVIDED BY THE ARTIST'S OWN PUBLICITY AGENT) REMOVED BY REQUEST/DEMAND.
My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges

My Morning Jacket:
Myspace (tour dates) / Web (all things MMJ)

Comments

Anonymous said…
The track sounds great. I'm really excited about this one!
Bryant said…
Do you know what else drop on June 10th: Lil' Wayne's "Tha Carter III"

This is going to be a great day for music...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE My Morning Jacket!

Popular Posts