Song of the Week - The Cassavettes with "Shine A Light"

SONG OF THE WEEK and MAJOR LINKAGE

Well, I for one am certainly glad we made it to Friday. I have had lots to do at both work and home (I am moving, so everything I look at needs to be packed, labeled and lifted!)....

I wanted this week's song to be a little fun and uplifting - without being silly or annoying. (If that makes any sense at all?!) - The Cassavettes are from Boston too... It just seems ideal to me.

BOSTON'S CASSAVETTES

Cassavettes' Next Big Show:
MAY 25 at T.T. the Bears in Cambridge's Central Square.


RSL SONG OF THE WEEK
Shine A Light


YE OLD RECAP / THE HAPPENINGS
(It's what's happening or has, in fact, happened):

  • This week we took a long look back in the Record Breaker album series at the Red Hot Chili Peppers' funky second album: Freaky Styley!
  • A new treat: We got a listen to one live track and a Sufjan Stevens cover by Charlotte's Emptiness Engine.
  • Friend Jesse Malin has gone and released a huge "Glitter in the Gutter" tour schedule!
  • Speaking of Houston - I took my time machine back to the Nineties and shared my personal history with Everclear. Actually the song I dropped on you was frontman Alex Alexakis playing live in Houston in 2003. It's a great live acoustic version of "I will Buy You A New Life."
  • My friend Gerry Miller - a tremendous musician in Sheffield, England sent me a few new tracks from his band Letters + Colours to share with you readers. And we did. And then his label threatened to sue! And I pulled a pair of them down. So if you didn't get the new songs "Gaunt" or "Plan A" - I am sorry. But there are still songs to listen to and download - including a nifty "Gaunt" video. Please go over to his myspace and add him. L+C are one of the best bands in all of the UK!
  • The Mason Proper Exclusive interview drew a few thousand readers. The contest to win the world's only autographed copy of the record is still open! The prize is still hanging out there. The tease -Mason Proper Interview Part One - Interview Part Two
  • Have you bookmarked this blog yet? I will win you over. More to come.

Comments

Popular Posts